Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Clear Underperformance of Maybulk when compared to other BDI Shippers

My dearest Jamesy or otherwise known as James Bull has left me an very interesting comment on "Dryships, Maybulk and Dry Baltic Index (BDI)":


Actually i wanted to show the comparative performance for bdi shippers but i had a difficulty to upload it yesterday.Here is the comparative performance since Feb08, where BDI rebounded from its bottom: ttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4540/comparativeperformance1iu1.gif

Here is the comparative performance since April08, where BDI rebounded from its higher low: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8214/comparativeperformance2zj8.gif

As usual, our kampung saham always has tendency to be a lagger, and that make us unique :D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And here is the bigger picture of what Jamesy is saying to me. ( I took out the other shippers mentioned by Jamesy because there are rather smallish shippers. )

The comparison of BDI Shippers since Feb 08.


The comparison of BDI shippers since April 08.


As pointed out by my dearest Jamesy, it's rather so clear that Maybulk has been a terrible laggard when compared to other BDI shippers.

And this is where it gets tricky, if you ask me.

In my honest opinion my dearest Jamesy, if you strongly believe that the current situation where Maybulk is underperforming other BDI shippers, equates to a buying opportunity and that there should be no reason why Maybulk should not move in tandem with other BDI shippers, then this is where the issue of trust is so very important.

I had actually made a rather short note on MooTakTrade yesterday called Eternity

  • "A man must think for himself, must follow his own convictions...Self-trust is the foundation of successful effort."

Of course, it's so important that one needs to understand that own owns convictions needs to be spot on in the very first place and blind self convictions can equally kill when one fails to acknowledge one's own short comings.

So do you trust your reasoning that the current situation represent an opportunity?

If so... trust is indeed a must, yes?

2 comments:

James Bull said...

Well I just wanted to show a better picture for our lousy saham and i didnt say this is a buying opportunity. As i always say, laggers tend to lag behind. And you know I never like laggers.

Someday if you see me make a buy call for laggers, well, that must be not me, maybe a bear camouflage with a bull skin :D

Moolah said...

My Dearest Jamesy,

Ahaaaa..... silly billy me.

I had misunderstood you.

:p5