Saturday, January 10, 2009

Local Malaysian Blgger Claims Markets Returns Of Over 1500% In 16 Years!

Move Over Warren!

I kid you not!

Posted on a local Malaysian blog posting,
299%returns in 26 months is no big deal ? >then what about >1500% returns in 16 years ? no big deal also !?

A claim of 1500% returns in 16 years!
That's a compounding return of 57.94% per annum!

(Mistake made: Compounding return should be 18.9% per annum!)

Ah yes, many are doubting the very arrogant words from that website. And fellow blogger, Seng, wrote in his latest posting, Samgoss outperforms Buffett over past 16 years? A $4 Million Proposal to Samgoss

  • A $4 Million Proposal to Samgoss

    Ok. Let's give Sam a chance to prove he is genuine.

    If Sam is willing, then, let me make this simple business proposal publicly.

    Allow me to hire an external auditor to audit Sam's trades over the past 16 years.

    If certified true, then, I will not hesitate to make a business proposal to Samgoss that guarantees that he will not be dissappointed.

    He will stand to earn $4 million or more a year in income if he repeats his annual performance over the past 16 years.

    A monthly adviser fee of $20,000 per month is a definite insult!

    I am firstly a business man, and I really couldn't care less about the past. All I care about is the future.

    To kick start this, I only require Sam to do one very simple thing.

    Even a teenage child can do this.

    All Sam have to do is to write to me to let me know this:

    1. His full name
    2. His I/C number
    3. His contact number
    4. The names of the banking and security firms he traded with over the past 16 years that generated 1,500% return.
    5. Be ready to sign a document that would authorize an external auditor to investigate and audit his investing record over the past 16 years. I expect 100% cooperation from Sam and no childish nonsense.


    I will select the auditor. I will bear 100% of the external auditor costs. ZERO cost to Sam. (If substantial, I reserve the right to refund this from the fund later).

    AFTER the external auditor certify and vouch that his results are true, I publicly promise to do the following things:

    1. I will personally provide Sam with $0.5 million of my own money to invest.

    2. I promise to undertake - on best effort basis - to have my family and friends to contribute another $4.5 million, making a total contribution of $5 million for Sam to invest on our behalf. With an investing record of 1,500% return over the past 16 years, I am confident in raising AT LEAST this much. Easy sale job.

    3. I also promise to undertake - on best effort basis - to have everyone I know to contribute another $15 million for Sam to invest. With better than Buffett's record, another EASY job.

Seng then continues..

  • 4. Sam does not need to worry about regulations, licensing and all legal stuff. I will take care of this. As usual, we will require business insurance policies on Sam's life - this is just standard business clause, and nothing to be concerned about - the premiums gets charged to the fund. Sam does not have to worry about back-office, compliance, accounting, reporting, etc. - all this will automatically be taken care of.

    5. Raising $20 million of funds to invest, AFTER the external auditor certifies 1500% returns over the last 16 years is genuine and true is The Easy Part. We might end up with more funds to invest!

    6. This is essentially a hedge fund. Sam can expect 20% standard profit sharing for returns exceeding a low minimum threshold.

    7. If he repeats his performance of 100% return per annum, then, 20% x 100% returns x $20 million = $4 million yearly profit for Sam alone!

    8. Everything will be legal, Sam will be required to sign a contract.

    9. At the right time, AFTER the funds are fully invested, we will arrange for newspapers to interview Sam. We expect this to boost Sam's returns BEYOND 100%!

    10. I reserve the right to publish Sam's life story in book and every form. Of course, if Sam wants to keep a low profile, this is negotiable. But everyone knows newspaper exposure helps one to invest easier.

    So, this is an open and serious invitation to Sam.

    Once I receive items 1. to 4., I will then contact him to arrange a face to face meeting with the external auditor.

    I envisage the auditor to give Sam a form to sign to authorize them to contact various banks and security companies to disclose past trade details for their investigation, amongst other things.

    This could take a while since we are dealing with 16 years of data, but I am willing to pay 100% for the cost to verify this.

    Once everything is completely verified and certified by the external auditor, I will contact Sam again.

    We will then proceed to discuss all the necessary details, and I will personally take care of the rest so that Sam can focus on his investing job. All Sam has to worry about is how to generate 100% return in 2009 on an asset base of $20 million, based on his so called FA stock selection methods.

    Naturally, we will also hire a bodyguard for Sam - 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Anyone who can generate 1500% returns in past 16 years is priceless.

    And more importantly, once the auditors certify that it is true,
    we will not prevent him from rubbishing TA methods in the Net. In fact, I will personally lend MY BLOG and CHATBOX for Sam to continue to rubbish TA methods! That's a promise from me!

    So, Sam, how?

    $4 million profit to you every year!

    ZERO concern yes?

    Send me NOW your full name, your I/C number, your contact number, the name of the banks and security firms that you have traded over the past 16 years that generated your 1500% returns for auditing.

    And to all of "Sam's supporters":

    I don't want to hear any more childish nonsense on anything else!

    All I want to hear from you is why your "sifu" did not accept my $4 Million proposal yesterday.


    I look forward to hearing from Samgoss personally by Monday latest.

    Otherwise, the entire world knows that Samgoss is a FAKE.

    Everyone will be asking why Samgoss turns down a $4 million per year offer.

    Sam's records say that his fund is less than $1 million today. Why would anyone blog so much like he does, but doesn't accept a $4 million per year offer?

    He doesn't have to do anything different.

    So, I sincerely hope Samgoss is genuine. Otherwise, that would be extremely dissappointing, because I'm also finding it tough to generate a fraction of Samgoss' returns ... so, for everyone's sake, let's pray that Samgoss is genuine and NOT a fake.

An extremely profitable proposal that Seng has made. Of course it's a double sworded as this proposal also equates to a massive challenge for Sam to prove that he is not a fake.

To be honest, 1500% in 16 years is such a record to be proud off.

Perhaps iCapital, Tan Teng Boo, should hire Sam here to be the chief investment manager for his closed end fund.

And if Sam record is as genuine as he proudly proclaim, won't you even want to invest in his funds?

7 comments:

James Bull said...

Personally i suggest him to write a letter to Soros or Buffett for an employment because I believe both of them will not mind to visit him personally and offer him an employment with over US10mil annual income.

rm4mil is just too little, not attractive enough. moomoo u got to raise your offer lah! :D

CP said...

Moo, I m not so sure about all these. But, it not my business, anyway.

But, allow me to put a pointer. If anyone could out-do my idol W.Buffett, I think the Omaha guy wont mind paying US4m for a dinner appointment.

BTW, Buffett is a master of FA, right?

Just my opinion. I m NOT siding anyone, please.

TEH

Moolah said...

CP,

Thanks for your views.

Bottom line is that Seng has challenged to prove the big claims made that he made 1500% in 16 years.

Like Seng, all I am interested to know is if the claims is geniune or are the claims fake?

That's all.

rgds

Jasonred79 said...

You are forgetting Newbie... that guy claimed to make 40% annual returns off his Rm1 million portfolio.

Funny.

ccdev said...

this thing with Sam is getting ridiculous. I understand where Seng is coming from but really dont need even more people to get involved and add fuel to the fire (and dont tell me this is just an intellectual discussion).So many good reasons why a person would not take the offer - one reason being why u need the extra hassle when you dont need the money, have to be responsible for other people's money and return,having to answer to other people bullshit queries etc .

Hopefully, both parties will come to their senses soon.

madcow said...

mamak, I don't think it is so difficult for you to do that sort of returns in trading mah, so why get so serious, life is just a short blip in time, there are always better things to do....

Happy trading....

moooooooooooooooo

Moolah said...

Hoii Mad Lembu!

Ada baik?

Dude, in life, anything is possible. I do not doubt it at all. I always believe in this. You know it too.

Now this bugger had made arrogant claims.

Yes, he's the same one from OSK forum. Remember back in the delphi days, where I had conclusively proved that he was extremely manipulative and made badly twisted stock selection recommendations on the web?

And yes, he's also the one that constantly bashed TA as being bad.

Anyway, Seng, had offered him a rm 4 million proposal to manage money since he had claimed he was so good.

That was all.

So what's wrong with this proposal?

It's just a mere business proposal and more IMPORTANTLY it verify if the claim of 1500% in 16 years is true or nothing but big talk.

And since he has refused a rm 4 million, doesn't this put a massive question mark over the claims made?