Thursday, April 24, 2008

Barcelona 0 Manchester United 0

My Dearest John,

Missed my posting?


Sad to say but I slept well the other night and strangely I did manage to catch my sleep well, hence I missed that match between Liverpool and Chelsea. Unfair as it is, that away goal will be massive. Caught the replay and in my opinion Chelsea was rather very poor, Cech made couple of top class saves and of course Riise.

Last night I was up for it. Who wasn't?

As in two years ago, Sir Alex Ferguson has let me down again. My darkest fear came true as Fergie opted to play not to lose in the away tie. The team formation he put up was simply beyond my understanding but the team did not let him down. They defended the spaces well and Barcelona never did look like scoring at all. Oh yes, Ronaldo penalty was a shocker.

And thanks to Fergie, he killed whatever romance and spectacle this match could offer at Nou Camp.

It was damn boring.

If Manchester United played footie like this and win the Champions League, I would not have been proud at all.

It's simply terrrible and utterly horrible.


And if United continues to play like this, perhaps it's time to kick the footie away and I might as well continue on my knitting instead!

This Barcelona team wasn't great at all. Manchester United could and should have won this match, only if they tried.

Now? I hope Fergie won't live to regret his decision in playing such dreary footie!

Sigh!

Next week, I believe that the massive away goal would be a massive advantage for Chelsea. What more, Liverpool has a terrible record at the Bridge. And I am afraid that Manchester United failure to score that crucial away goal might be a massive factor against United. I do hope I am wrong!!

7 comments:

KP said...

What? He missed a penalty?

Sell him to Real Madrid. :P

Moolah said...

Yo John,

Last nite, I caught the ESPN sports highlight. Saw the diving header and I thought it was a great goal.... but then... I realised it was Reina on the goal line. :P

This weekend, you reckon MU can get a result at the Bridge?

:D

KP said...

That's the problem when one can only kick with one leg, in this instance the left leg only. One right boot would have put the ball in the stands.

The Bridge is quite a fortress these days, eh? Time for that to change this week perhaps. :)

Moolah said...

Hmmm... you know John, this certainly is a very good point John and in my opinion John, time for change should start on Saturday!

:P :P :P

KP said...

Start on Sunday , can ah? :P

Moolah said...

Start on Sunday????

Simply cannot!

:P

KP said...

But it will be Wes Brown vs Didier Drogba.

Can tahan ah?