Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Warren Buffett: Of Permanent Value

The investing book I am still reading is Of Permanent Value by Andrew Kilpatrick.

This new version consist of TWO volumes (yeah, it's like buying two books) and what I like about it is each chapter is a story in itself. Which means I can pick up the book and read it a chapter at a time. The only drawback is that the book is rather huge and heavy and it's not like one of the books that you would slip into your bag and read in your favourite local coffee shop.

Here are some
reviews of this book posted on Amazon and you can check out some of excerpt of the book.

Cheers




3 comments:

Avatar said...

Dear Moola,

Oh dear...there's a new version?
What's the difference between this and the old one?

I've the old one and it might not be worthwhile getting a new one. How much did it cost?

Moolah said...

Dear Avatar,

I too have the old one but I still purchased this one. Never regret it one single bit for this newer one just contains so much more insight and I have always enjoyed Andrew Kilpatrick's writings. For example, in this edition, Andrew writes about Buffett's purchase of ISCAR.

For the book, you can check the price via the Amazon link attached on the posting. After that, I would suggest that you do compare if you can order it cheaper via your favourite local bookstore.

rgds

Avatar said...

Oh I see...thanks for the info.