Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Local Malaysian Blogger Declines 4 Million Proposal!!

Posted the other day: Local Malaysian Blgger Claims Markets Returns Of Over 1500% In 16 Years!

In which I highlighted two other blog postings; The claim:
299%returns in 26 months is no big deal ? >then what about >1500% returns in 16 years ? no big deal also !? and the proposal by blogger, Seng, Samgoss outperforms Buffett over past 16 years? A $4 Million Proposal to Samgoss

One reader cum blogger,
Jasonred79 form The Angry Investor, was actually interested in chipping money in. See comments posted here.

However,
Jasonred79, has since withdrawn his proposal. Since Jason is someone that had taken this issue very seriously, I would like to publicly broadcast why Jason is withdrawing this proposal. His comments are most enlightening!

  • I hereby withdraw my offer after reading sam's blog:

    "First of all, did I ever said I beat warren buffet in my posting ? where ? don’t twist d story ..ok ? ..come back to my 1,500% returns in 16 years …K..let me teach u what is 1 + 1 = 2 lar ha ha… I started my shares investment in 1992 with initial capital of 12K+ , as known to u guys, 1993 is a super bull year , KLCI rose from 450 to 1,314 within a year , Idris shot up from RM 0.50+- to RM8.80, same goes to Aokam from RM0.80 to RM 16.00+, repco >RM100 ! for one to make millions or >1000% returns in 1993 is definitely not a problem ( ask those old birds who involved in 1993 if u doubt ) !
    Hence , I hv made about 135K+_ in that particular year !

    12K to 135K -= >10 times or > 1000% ! ( see d attached picture). So..what is so difficult 4 me to achieve another 500% returns from 1995 to 2007 ? look at my 2007 result , this year alone I hv acheieved about 299% returns ( as per attached picture ) ! so ..is that so difficult to make 1500% returns in 16 years ?? ha ha … as I said , y d length of our fingers r not d same (十个手指有长短)!? y some can be so rich y some cant ? y some can be doctor n lawyer , y some cannot ? sour seng ohh sour seng , u cant do it doesn’t mean we can't do it oso ! faham ? ha ha"


    My concern here is: he claims he made 1000% in his first year of trading.

    Removing this outlier, we arrive at an 50% return on total capital over 15 years.

    Which is rather sub-standard.

    So, I no longer have any interest in giving my investment capital nor to convince my friends and family to invest.

    I am officially withdrawing my offer.
I would agree very much with what Jason is doing here. This is blogsphere and some bloggers sure make big claims. And when there is an opportunity to really prove their claims, they declined. And more incredibly, he has declined a RM 4 million proposal. How? Do you honestly believe such claims?

2 comments:

Jasonred79 said...

Evidently, this okating is a moron. He thinks that *I* do not understand maths.

His stupid logic is that 1500%-1000%=500%, not 50%. AARGH.

For those who do not understand how compound interest, or the concept of "removing 1 year" works:

You start off with RM1000. You make 1000% from 1993-1994, you have RM1000+RM10000. You make 1500% from 1993-2009 (based on original RM1000), it's now RM1000+RM15000.

Removing 1993 from you performance, you went from RM11,000 to RM16,000, from 1994 to 2009.
That's about 50% in 15 years.

UNDERSTAND, DUMBASS???

...

I really, REALLY hate it when stupid people think they are smart... and when their answer is different from someone else, they assume that THEY are the correct ones.

~ Adrian ~ said...

ERM..
Sorry guys... I think I was late in reading all those related news...

Who's okating and where did this start from?

Sorry guys, please excuse my ignorance... just wanna catch up & learn...

Thank you & please don't "dumb@ss" me... That would hurt my feelings... LOL! :P