Thursday, April 10, 2008

Review Of Bursa Station

My friend suggested to me to have a look at Bursa Station and register for a free 7 day trial here

So I did.

After registration, I was given a link to download of the latest version of Bursa Station Professional.


Download and installation was fast. I am using a Vista machine.

A user guide pops up after running Bursa Station (see picture on the ride) and it lists out in an extremely neat manner of their new features and existing features.

For example:

Real-time data
• Streaming stock quotes
• Intraday Time & Sales
• Trade Summary Matrix
• Quote Movements
• Market Depth
• Bursa News
• Buying In Market
• Direct Business Transactions
• Dow Jones News (Optional)

Fundamentals
• FactSheet
• Company Financials (Optional)
• Insider Trades (Optional)


Charting
• Interactive Chart
• Intraday Charts
• Volume Distribution Charts
• Tick Charts (Optional)

Monitoring
• Stock Alerts
• Watchlist & portfolio tracking
• Price Spread Calculator

And what's extremely useful was all of the above links are clickable and it gives the user a clear indication of what's available. (the above picture shows what I saw when I clicked on the Financials link. )

Also included is a navigational instructions on the left side. Extremely handy. It tells you what is what when you look at the Bursa Station.

Here is the screen shot below:




Knowing what to expect, I was all eager to experience my trial Bursa Station. I then proceeded to close my user guide window.

From the above picture, I did not want the Channel Navigator on the Bursa Station. So I closed it by clicking on the x.

I then moved my mouse over to Gamuda and I double clicked on it.

And this is what I get. See below. And do double click on the picture below to see the larger picture.


Firstly, remember I had Gamuda highlighted by double-clicking on it.

Did you enjoy the Stock Frame on the right?

The top box shows the classic time/sales transaction. The next one shows Volume Distribution Chart and then Trade Summary Chart and the very bottom one shows the Intraday Chart. Note the Stock Frames are customable and you can add or remove any of the charts.

On the bottom left, we have the Dow Jones snippets.

Very neat!

On the top we have the following set of buttons.


See the arrow pointer on the picture above? Clicking it brings me to a ticker mode! And if the stocks in your stock watchlist will then appear on this ticker! This means you can be kept an eye on your stock price every single second will doing another task! Handy!

The button the right of Watchlist on the above table is called the Factsheet button.

Clicking on it, opens a new window!

Boy, this is the best part I reckon!

See following samples below.












Lot's of information right at your fingertips!

Ok, the original set-up color looks rather plain and dull.

Now if one clicks on the options button right on the top, one really has the option to make the Bursa Station layout really nice. (You need to click on the Appearance tab!)

Let me show you.


I clicked on the Office 2007 theme. And if I click on the color options, another window will pop up and I will have all the colors to play with!

So far, I left it on the Office 2007 theme.

Now with the stock Gamuda being clicked, I can right click for more options. Yes, by right clicking, I get short cut to all features Bursa Station has!

And then that grayish chart on top of the price quotes (It's next to the green candy on the picture below). Clicking on it gives me an instant access to the Intraday Composite Chart.

How?

I like this new toy so far. I really do.

Right now, this portal looks featured packed to the max.

However, if one is a trader, speed and reliability of the system are so much more important. I will be testing on these two issues for the next couple of days.

Meanwhile, if you are excited by all this, here's where to click for a free trial: http://www.bursastation.com/users/register.pl

( Disclaimer: This is an independent review. I am NOT associated with Bursa Station and neither is this a paid review!)

0 comments: