Thursday, April 10, 2008

Review of Bursa Station - Day One

Using Bursa Station - Day One.

Let's start building a stock watch list.

This initial step is confusing because the very first stock search is a rather long-ish process. I use the same process to create my watchlist (which can also acts as my portfolio!)

Say I want to add the stock, Bursa.

Here are the steps.

1. Click on the Watchlist.
2. Choose a folder, I choose and click on Folder 1.
3. A new tab appears (see below)


4. Right click in the middle of the screen.
5. Add a new counter.
6. And you then build your list.

Rather long-ish eh? (They should have created a short cut right from the start on the active stock list page)

Upon completion, it would look like this below.


See the long black arrow on the picture above. It points to a TAB.

So my Bursa Station now has 2 tabs. An Active stock list tab and a Folder 1 tab.

I will add another tab now. The Indicies tab by clicking on the Channel button, then mousing over Bursa to the right, I will see the Indices option.

** My complaint on the indices is that Bursa Station does not show the main stock components in each sector. Others portals, such as RHB, allows the user to gauge which stock is gaining or losing within a given sector. **

After selecting it, my screen will now look like this.


See the black arrow? It points at a NEW TAB, Indices, has been made.

Ok, so what's the use of doing all this?

Well, click on Windows and the Tile it Vertically and viola...


I now have a 4 column view!

Now the folder 1 or the watchlist acts as your portfolio manager!

No joke!

One can record one's buy/sell transactions and over time, it should like what they had stated in their user guide. See below.

Now I entered a simple trial transaction.

I click the Buy button and when I finished it would like this below. Very simple.

To view my portfolio, I then click on the View Portfolio!


And then there is a button to check the Direct Business Transactions. See Below.

Rather nifty eh?

How?

So far, for my first day of usage, downloaded since 12pm, it has been rather pleasant.

Oh, after installing, to run the Bursa Station, one just clicks the desktop icon created after installation, and then Bursa Station would start within 10 seconds and it recalls your exact last view, which is very nice.

Now this is much faster than opening a window explorer and then clicking on your broker's website and then signing in.

And that's all for today.

0 comments: