Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh Emma!

Ok the following posting has nothing to do with stocks or the economy. :P

It has to do with facebook.

LOL!

So do you have facebook?

Anyway the following tale posted tells of a nasty and cruel prank done on a Man United fan by some cruel Scousers!

Arghhhh... yes Scousers!

LOL!

Married man travels 400 miles for Facebook affair, only to discover it is a hoax


  • A married Manchester United fan drove 400 miles to begin an affair with a girl he had met on Facebook, only to discover it had been a hoax set up by two rival Liverpool supporters.

    Stuart Slann, 39, made the nine-hour trip from his home in Sheffield to a remote farm in Scotland last month on the promise of meeting the woman he had been swapping suggestive messages with for several weeks.

    However, after arriving at the deserted house and waiting for a further three hours in his car for "Emma" to finish work and show up, the two pranksters called him to confess.

    To add to his humiliation, they recorded the conversation and put it onto Facebook, the social networking website, and video-sharing website YouTube, along with an embarrassing photograph.

    It was then that Mr Slann's wife Louise, 32, discovered the "affair". Their marriage is now over.

    Mr Slann said: "It was a cruel thing to do. I've been taken for a ride. They wound me up good and proper."

    The Manchester United fan met the unnamed men, believed to be cage-fighters, during a holiday in Cancun, Mexico, last November.

    The three soon started to argue about their rival teams, and a series of heated exchanges ensued over the three-week holiday.

    On one occasion the Liverpool Football Club fans threw Mr Slann into the pool, and he accidentally broke his ankle.

    Not content with that, when the Liverpudlian pair returned home they hatched a plan to humiliate him and set up a false Facebook account, pretending to be a woman called Emma from Scotland.

    After more than a month of sending messages and flirting online almost every night, "Emma" arranged to meet Mr Slann in Aberdeen.

    He drove for nine hours to what he believed was her home, and then received a series of text messages telling him she would be hours late from work.

    Finally, one of the two men rang Mr Slann in his broad Liverpudlian accent and admitted that it was all a con.

    The recorded conversation has now been posted on YouTube.

    During the phone-call the Liverpool fans asked him: "Do you recognise our voices Stuart?

    "It's them Scouse lads who threw you in the pool! Do you recognise our Scouse accents do you?"

    Mr Slann replied: "Yes."

    The Liverpool supporter then said: "You've been framed," before bursting into laughter.

    Next they asked him: "How do you feel?". After a long pause Stuart replied: "----".

    The Liverpudlian then said: "You fell in love with me over the computer."

    Now Mr Slann has had his humiliation compounded after the phone conversation was posted on the internet on February 13, attracting hundreds of hits.

    Mr Slann said: "There's no doubt that I've been done good and proper by the lads from Liverpool. It was cruel but I'll hold my hands up and say they really wound me up.

    "I'd been chatting to this girl on Facebook for about a month or so. I really thought she was genuine, and I had no reason to doubt it.

    "On the night she asked me to Scotland I was on the road for about nine hours. And then when I got to this remote farm she sent me a text to say she was still in work.

    "That's what made it worse, not only had I driven for nine hours, but I had to wait for about another three and a half hours for her to finish work.

    "Then when I got the call to say it was all a hoax I just felt awful.

    "If they had asked to drive to Manchester, Leeds or even Liverpool it wouldn't have been so bad and maybe I'd have seen the funny side.

    "But to drag me all the way to Aberdeen was just cruel.

    "When I met the lads on holiday I thought they were alright and we had a bit of banter over football and they threw me in the pool."

Facebook affair?

LOL!

0 comments: