Thursday, March 04, 2010

English Lessons

Time for some English lessons I guess.

  • SS said...
    hey momo,you said "........an impressive PER means nothing. Really. It's either a High PE or low PE."
    then you said "....I am not saying such an investing would not work ......
    This is what Hokkien call " LanPhar = PharLan" means "talk cock" in simple English
    Seriously, you have written some good article in the past. But if you have nothing to write dun need to squeeze your brain lah.

Let's see. My comments ""........an impressive PER means nothing. Really. It's either a High PE or low PE." was from the posting Some Opinions.

English lesson number one.

I guess I need English lesson to understand the meaning of impressive PER. Right now, all I understand is a high PE or maybe low PE.

English lesson number two.

Or is it hokkien lesson! LOL! Really.

So where and where did I use the word "I am not saying such an investing would not work" It was used in the posting Investing In A Stock For Its Dividend Yields and Investing In A Stock For Its Dividend Yields II.

I really need lesson on hokkien, eh? One minute it is IMPRESSIVE PER, next it is such an investing would not work.

Which is which? I have no idea. How to answer such creative mindset?

Oooops!

Better stop, else I would be randomly reprimanded for losing my sanity!

LOL!

Yeah and such a waste of webspace too. :p4

Oh, many thanks for giving credit too.

:D

6 comments:

SS said...

So your visitor counter improve ?
That what you want right ?

Moolah said...

Huhu!

So it's now an issue to improve visitor count?

Dare I even ask for anything less?

Gamelion said...

One man's meat is another man's poison.

Moolah said...

LOL!

Apparently this is not the case.

I was asked to give opinion on dividend yield. All I said was one needs to be careful because there are incidents where dividend yield investing did not work.

And what do I get in return?

Apparently one mind less open.

Same old same old.

:/

Moolah said...

I wonder why it was so offending to highlight an example where dividend yield investing failed!

Too much poison apparently.

Raymond Lum said...

Want reliable dividend yield? Look for companies that sell consumer staples with strong brand names, quality earnings, strong pricing power, transparent management, or put in simply, wide economic moat. Names that fit in are such as Nestle,Dutch Lady, F&N, Ajinomoto etc.

Or buy into utilities with recurring incomes and steady cashflow, such as YTL Power and Plus.