Friday, April 02, 2010

Match Preview: Man United Vs Cheslea

Big clash against Chelsea tomorrow and a bigger clash against Bayern Munich next week.

And no Wayne Rooney.

Good point is both matches will be played at Old Trafford.

And good point is we have Sir Alex.

I honestly never expected Man United to win the title this season, not so soon after selling Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and only bringing in Valencia and Micheal Owen. From day one, I thought Chelsea had the edge.

And this is where Sir Alex has done so well this season.

Let me count out, just in case.

He's got Wayne Rooney playing much better, yes? He's got Nani back again. And even the older players, like Scholes and Neville has performed great this season. Even Ji Sung is playing much better and lately, especially in the Bolton match, I have to admit, even Berbatov had shown more determination. And it all boils down to Sir Alex, yes?

First thing, how would Sir Alex handle this two match? According to the tables, a draw against Chelsea is not a bad result but we have to beat Bayern Munich. So would he favour and place more importance in the Champions League match next week?

Me? I don't think so.

Sir Alex will want to win this year.

We are simply to close to the finish line to throw it away, and more importantly, it would mean, United has won more league titles than Liverpool and I know Sir Alex would love to have that. No buts to that!

And this is why I feel United will go all out against Chelsea this weekend.

Having said that is easy. Sure easy. Talk is cheap but can United beat Chelsea who suddenly is playing so hot?

Firstly, Portsmouth was a gifted match - thanks to Daivd James's air kicking skills again - what a blunder, what a blooper! Portsmouth was so poor. I am not going to read much about that. Villa match. Chelsea were good but Villa really collapsed in the second half and having seen the match again, I felt that they playing without Drogba was a plus. Their game became for fluid. Now don't get me wrong. It's not that Drogba is no good but it's different. Drogba needs someone really strong midfielder in the team, someone like Essien. With Essien powering up the middle, Drogba is simply more deadlier. That's how I see it and Essien is missing. And this is why I feel that Chelsea had struggled recently. Essien is really the the star.

Before Rooney's injury, I was very confident. United is having a real strong run at home and I was so confident that United will win tomorrow.

But now there's no Rooney.

I still don't think Chelsea can beat United. Certainly not at Old Trafford. Question for me is can United beat Chelsea?

Firstly, United needs to bounce back from their absolute shitty performance last Tuesday.

That was a shocker.

Yeah, I know, there's no Rooney but most of the players already knew that Rooney would be out right after the match and they were already focusing on Chelsea already.

Can Berbatov do it alone? Yes, Berbatov needs to have a big match. Nani and Valencia too! And we need the energy from Ji Sung and Fletcher.

How?

At this moment, I feel United can get at least a draw and let me say it, I won't be surprise to United win. Let me take a wild guess, 2-0 too! Fletcher and Ryan Giggs to be the scorers!

Hehe.. yeah.. a wild, wild guess from me.

Come on United!

2 comments:

Richard Cranium said...

C'mon, United! C'mon, Chelski! Draw! Draw! Draw!

Moolah said...

Arsenal plays Wolves.

Wolves not doing to bad lately. Wolves last four matches... WDWD.

Wonder if their WDWD trend can continue... :P