Thursday, June 04, 2009

Did I Regret Not Buying Kijang Coins Back In December?

Early December last year, if not mistaken on 2nd December 2008, I nearly bought some Kijang coins. Back then the selling price was rm3119/oz. ( This figure can be randomly confirmed. )

Yeah. Nearly bought.

On 2nd December 2008, gold was trading then at USD781.00/oz.


And GOLD prices soared since then.



Gold yesterday was at USD983.00/oz.

Which means since 2nd December GOLD has soared a WHOPPING USD202.00 per ounce.

Or some nice 25.9%.

But I did not buy.

:D

Do I feel sad or sour about it?

Here's the snap shot of Kijang prices yesterday.


Now as per the screenshot, if I had purchased and if I were to SELL my kijang coins yesterday based on the superb performance of GOLD, the BUYING prices was only rm3499/oz. (today's buying price is rm3465/oz). With a 'buying' price of rm3119.00/oz on 2nd December 2008, this would translate to a gain of rm380.00 or just 12.2%. (remember this issue of how it pales in comparison versus the performance of GOLD?)

Don't get me wrong, the gains are decent. A gain of 12.2% for 6 months isn't too shabby.

:D

It's all about personal preferences. :D

1 comments:

random said...

okok