Monday, June 15, 2009

Will Ronaldo Shine At Real Madrid?

On the UK Sun. I love to be hated

  • Ronaldo forced the move through by telling boss Alex Ferguson he did not want to stay at Old Trafford.

    But he said: "I love it when people jeer me.

    "I love to see the hate in their eyes, to hear the insults. It doesn't bother me.

    "It's true lots of people hate me but there are even more who love me and who support me.

    "I feel bad only when I play badly. Fortunately, that happens rarely."

    Ronaldo insists he left United to improve himself as a player.

    He added: "I still have a long way to go. I really want to re-write the history of football.

    "I am aware I'm already among the best of the best but I want to continue to write many more beautiful pages."

    Ronaldo was outshone by Barcelona's Lionel Messi in last month's Champions League final in Rome.

    But he insists is not interested in comparing himself to the Argentinian.

    He said: "I have nothing to envy Lionel for. I don't compare myself to others.

    "I am Cristiano Ronaldo - and I can win more medals than anybody else. I don't like to relax.

    "The fans want to see a great Cristiano Ronaldo so I try to never disappoint."

I think Ronaldo should do good at Real. However, I do not think he will have a great a season he had two years ago when he scored 42 goals in 47 games.

That season, United's game was centered around him.

United played with a free flowing attacking forward line with one hundred flexibility, where the front players were allowed to swap positions throughout the entire game. Ronaldo were switching from left wing to right wing to center forward and back. He was playing all over the front line. The freedom of the pitch.

And he had one Wayne Rooney playing with him.

For sure, Real Madrid will play exciting, beautiful football but will they play like how United played when they won the league and Champions League?

Would Ronaldo be given the freedom to roam and switch flanks as per his fancy?

Would he have another 42 goals in 47 games season?

I doubt it and only time will prove if my view is flawed once again.

However, I do wish Ronaldo all the best at Real Madrid.

0 comments: